Juz a normal guy in this whacky world... Striving to have a "normal" if there is one in this world...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Being honest to run a business

Hey guys,
I know I know... been quite a while since I updated my blog.
Life has been pretty boring for the past few weeks.
Everyday I'd wake up late and go to work around 3-4pm.
Do some reports in the early times of the day and spend the rest of it sitting there doing nothing at all...
Well I'll skip all the boring part ok? ;)

My parents came down for the weekend just to visit my and my brother in KL.
So as usual whole family cramp into one car and we went to Sungei Wang.
On the way back I hit a pothole that was deceiving, it looked small but when I hit it, the whole car flew up :'( The steering was displaced around 40 degrees that pretty bad. When I turn its now hard to turn back, a little hard not to say very hard.
So the next day took it to a shop for checking or diagnostics.
So what happened? I felt like I got slammed by a phone book thats what happened.
The guy started checking and unveiled more and more and more issues with my car.
Kinda feel cheated :( At first he said bushing, then he said drive shaft and then he said steering rack. I was like WTF dude! Make up your mind!
So he then started making phone calls to get pricing. Which then he came back to me with a calculator and started hitting the calculator like a mad man. Ok he did't hit it like a mad man but to me it felt that way. *Tik* *tak* *tik* *tak* times that like a million times and he showed me the golden number. MAHAI it was a thousand plus!
Suddenly I felt like a sucker... a big one!
I gave the guy a frown and told, "Wo mei you chien!" (I don't have the money!) and I walked into my car and drove off.

I'm not sure if he was trying to rip me off or what but sure felt like it was. Consulted the great Keebs which told me to get a 2nd opinion first which is the right thing to do.
Can't KL people do business with honesty? When I was in Penang I wont have problems like this... hmm...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is Keebs great?

Alvino said...

becoz the Keebs is gay!
hence he is great!
which can also translate to great gay!

TiBuN said...

should've just ask you change your bushing, drive shaft and steering rack...

Alvino said...

wat? whats the freakin difference?