Juz a normal guy in this whacky world... Striving to have a "normal" if there is one in this world...

Friday, November 30, 2007

Alvin with a big hole in the pocket

As you may have been informed in my previous posts that I spent almost a thousand on my car for repairs. That has burnt a big hole in my pocket.
Nevertheless another thing has happened... like the Malay saying, "Sudah jatuh lagi ditimpa tangga".
I have been having these pains on my lower right jaw for the past few days now.
It gives me a slight headache and because I bite my teethes a bit when I sleep it hurts even more. So today I couldn't bare the pain anymore and went to visit the dentist.

Got a x-ray done immediately and the doctor diagnosed it as my tooth that had a filling put in say... hmmm... when I was in form 3(thats around 1996), has some infections under the filling and its touching the nerves. That's why I am feeling such pains.
2 options were given to me, save the tooth by doing a root canal and then crowning OR remove the tooth completely and put in a fake one.
I am a saver, I've saved it once, I'm gonna save it again :)
So decided to go for the root canal and crowning option.
Just in case you want to know root canal is removing the nerves underneath your tooth. That will make it a so called "dead tooth" then they put a crown over it. Thats to cover back the hole in the tooth. Well... it hurts... trust me... it really does!
If you want to know more - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_canal
So like what the title says big hole in my pocket, here's the break down:
Root canal - RM600
Crowning - RM480
Total - RM1080
The hole in my pocket & look on my face when I heard the price - PRICELESS

0 comments: