Juz a normal guy in this whacky world... Striving to have a "normal" if there is one in this world...

Friday, May 30, 2008

New Journey @ Quantum

I've already started my new journey at Quantum since 27th May.
Frankly speaking the environment there is much more relaxed compared to AO. And even much much much more compared to Dell.
I've spent the past few days sitting at my place going through online e-Learning sites to read up on the technical specifications of the product.
Been reading up on a few models of small tape libraries. It is quite an interesting topic as I have always wanted to learn more than just desktops and laptops. And my chance is finally here. Although its not like my friends in the Dell Enterprise where they learn everything from servers to switches to tape libraries to SAN, I am actually quite happy to be able to learn about tape libraries. I am very thankful to one and only God Almighty.
I also had the chance to tear down the robotic hand and some other parts. Quite fun :) I think I might have had an orgasm when I did it. Sounds a bit childish eh? That's why boys are so proud of their gadgets.
Well next week will be where the real hands on/classroom training starts so it should be fun. I'll update more next week.

2 comments:

Union CafĂ©® - Penang said...

Cool... Nice to hear u been good there :)

Alvino said...

wah...
haven't seen u at my blog for a long time... which reminds me... i haven't raid ur blog for quite some time liao... ngek ngek ngek