Juz a normal guy in this whacky world... Striving to have a "normal" if there is one in this world...

Monday, June 12, 2006

Wifi In Ma Crib

Yo peepz :P
Sounds so not me, hehe.
Well, I'll juz stick to "Greetings keebs and Lingz" coz you 2 are
the only people reading and posting comments in my blog!
Heck... how to get more people to read what I crap here?
Even though its only to vent some anger here sometimes but if nobody
is reading it... I dont feel it happening :P

Ops... side track di, back to the topic "Wifi In Ma Crib".
I've got wireless~~ woohooo~
Bought a
Linksys WRT54G for RM225 from Bukit Jambul.
Its great! It looks wonderful with its blue and black casing.
And at the front there's a very cool CISCO emblem that lights up!
How cool can that be :D Maybe not for tech lovers... but its cool for me.
Installation was a breeze, took me left than 5 minutes to connect the

cables and click Next multiple times and also not forgettin to
setup WPA2 to secure me network.

*WPA2 - Wi-Fi Protected Access™



See the amber light on the most left? thats the CISCO emblem :D


Now you guys must be thinkin "Alvin is so freakin rich and has no
where to spend his freakin money! Instead of treating me to
eat mamak he spends it on a wi-fi router."
Wrong! I got the router becoz I didnt want to cable my whole

freakin with network cables when I have plaster ceiling.
So sensibly getting the wi-fi router solved all my worries.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe a CISCO light can make you so happy...

Like Jeebs used to say : "Simple thing pleases simple mind".

Anyway, I got my Linksys for RM380. Similar capability but 2x smaller than yours.
Model : WAG354G
Advantage of WAG354G over your crap WRT54GS :
-6 firewall protection vs 3
-Integrated antenna vs 2 ugly detachable antenna (it's like comparing 1990 Nokia hp vs the latest Nokia N-series)
-2x lighter and 1.5x smaller
-Non illuminated CISCO symbol which saves electricity

Alvino said...

keebs
you are juz full of it...
does she know?

novemberbloom said...

i have the same router too. much earlier than u . ahaks

novemberbloom said...

i have the same router too. much earlier than u . ahaks

Anonymous said...

I spent another RM100 more to get something similar than yours, i'm in the process of justifying myself so that I don't feel so down. Please understand.

Alvino said...

Looks like 3 linksys users are reading this blog... how wonderful!

Keebs: I take back what I say.
Let start again.
Oh my goodness! What a wonderful router! I bet you're the luckiest bloke alive now!
Is that better? :D

Union CafĂ©® - Penang said...

we read craps ... so dun always post a comment