Juz a normal guy in this whacky world... Striving to have a "normal" if there is one in this world...

Saturday, June 21, 2008

I am going to get in shape!

Lately with the problems happening to me I guess it made me realize that not everything is for one thing and one thing is not everything. Deep leh?

Anyway my company started this "Walk Around The World" program which is meant to fight heart disease. One of the major cause of death for men is heart disease in US and also Malaysia (I think). Hence the program encourages everyone to WALK MORE! They gave us this small device called Walking Advantage 340 by SPORTLINE. Its function is to solely calculate every step you take and convert it into miles. How you use it is just clip it on to your belt or trousers and that's it! So with that little thing it has encouraged me to start jogging again.

I did 2.6 miles which is around 4.2km today. I think around 1km of it is walking :P On the way back I could feel my heart pounding very hard, so hard as if someone was punching my chest or heart. I quickly slowed down and reverted to walking. Shows how bad my heart condition and my total health condition is now. Well I promise that I will exercise at least once a week from now onwards. If she doesn't give a damn about me and can go jogging with colleagues and have dinner before coming home, I guess I can do the same. Why sit at home a be a good boy friend waiting for her when she treats me like crap?

Sad ending I know... but who cares!

0 comments: