Juz a normal guy in this whacky world... Striving to have a "normal" if there is one in this world...

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Langkawi Trip Nov 2006

Went to Langkawi few weeks ago with Thong and his wife

It was suppose to be a holiday trip but I think I ended up being more
tired and alot more poorer... darn it
Usual thing took the ferry from Penang to Langkawi.
It took around 2.5 hours to get there.
Once we got there even before we went down, a few guys in white
shirt jumped in and started passing around their name cards.
Mau sewa kereta? Tinggal berapa hari? Mau hotel?
Damn I actually got pissed of by this but heck... when we got out
there was even more buggers but these were without uniform
so I guess they must be the illegal ones
So we took the offer from the white shirt guy... Proton Wira for 2 days RM130
I thought that was cheap but to find out that it was non peak so I could
have rented a Honda Civic for that money... darn it
Oh ya... if any of you happen to go Langkawi, if anyone asks you
which hotel you're stayin in... DONT TELL THEM!~, its actually a scam
last day of your stay they will come around your hotel and dent your car
then asking that you pay for it when you return your car... so beware!

Proceeded to find our hotel by the name of Malibest which is not so best!
Whole hotel... we were the only occupants... scary man...
Well anyway Malibest is located at Pantai Chenang... something like
Penang's Batu Ferringhi... it was nice not many people around
Wanted to go to the beach but both nites rain... man :(
No chance to watch stars!!! Darn it! That was actually what I was
anticipating to do at Langkawi... lay down on the beach and watch STARS!
Well... didnt do much there except shopping -_-" pocket kosong
Bought liquor and chocs as usual and also a digital cam - got cheated :(
Price in Penang for the camera was cheaper by 25 bucks and yet they
could have given me 1GB of memory instead of 256mb :(
Not much lar but still got cheated for 100 bucks or so...
Places I visited was the cable car thing... abit scary the cable car
but it has a breath taking view up there... I juz wish they had made
more shades! The walking up there made me dizzy and tired...
as if not enough from the ferry ride...
Then there is this Underwater Park... I think thats the coolest thing in
Langkawi but dem expensive leh... rm38 for tourist... if you're
Malaysian got discount rm28... it was the same for the cable car ride...
rm35 for tourist, flash them your MyKad or IC and discount till rm25...
I say its cool becoz... no sun... no sweating... :D
There are alot of marine life inside... big big sharks and sting rays... nice
Something like Sentosa Island in Singapore

Well that almost sums up my visit to Langkawi...
And some photos to end it.





1 comments:

Union CafĂ©® - Penang said...

Neat! I like the cable car! hahaha...

When u up on the mountain... any band playing songs? they are not bad for a malay band who sing 'Beyond' Song... :P