Juz a normal guy in this whacky world... Striving to have a "normal" if there is one in this world...

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hiking at Bukit Apek aka Bukit Batu Puteh

Went hiking today with my spanking new Nike Flourish II which is now not so spanking new anymore =.="

As stated in the title it was at Cheras near Taman Cuepacs. We only manage to reach station 3 out of 8. Stations 7 & 8 are very close to each other and is the spot where there's a small waterfall. Well reason why we only reach Station 3 was because I am too farking lousy. On the way up, I was out of breath and my legs were giving up on me. Thomas even had to pass his "stick" for me to use =P



Next week I'll be going again. Today's crowd was 10 people and 1 of the girls didn't even break a sweat. So disappointed with myself. Anyway it's a good sign for me that I am really out of shape and need to exercise. Looks like jogging is not enough to keep me fit.

Kong torh mou wai - Say more no use, let you all see how farked up I looked like.



"3" symbolizing Station 3.

Another with a smile.

Look at how wet our t-shirts were. Ignore my stupid grin.

Scenery from where I sat, nothing much.

Thomas posing with his "stick".

View of the trees from the bottom. Very relaxing.


And lastly Jocy who suprisingly coughed all the way up and still survived the hike.

5 comments:

TiBuN said...

I am not sure what Nike Flourish II shoe is, whether its running, jogging, X-training or etc ... But the way I see its for jogging, due to non-frontal anti-grip sole (then again I could be wrong). The type of shoe can impact heavily on the activities like hiking, and maybe that's why you spend more energy climbing than other people.

By right your beer tummy wouldn't give you that much difficulty in hiking...

Alvino said...

everybody is a doctor huh?
can you provide solid proof that my beer belly is not with holding my fullest physical potentials?

TiBuN said...

Elementary physics calculate force by F=ma
Where F is Force in energy, m is mass and a is acceleration.

Assuming acceleration is constantly 0.5m/s and your beer belly is 50kg

The force required to move your silly ass for a second is therefore 0.5m/s2 x 50kg = 20Newton

The hiking assuume is 3 hours, which is equals to 3600 seconds x 3 = 10800 Joule

Translate this to Joule, you have 2583 Cal (4180J = 1K Calorie)

You eat breakfast with bacon and egg and biscuit = 500 Cal
You eat large McD french fries = 500 Cal
You drink coke = 300 Cal

Chin chai add with your stored energy inside your body, you think your beer belly is holding ur potentials?

Alvino said...

Can I have your bosses email please? I would to show him your potential and what you do on your working hours.

Anonymous said...

Just went to Apek yesterday to check out the place. It seems that the place has been walled up and is now illegal to enter? Anybody can confirm this or you still can enter and hike up. Secondly, is it safe to go alone? Thanks