Juz a normal guy in this whacky world... Striving to have a "normal" if there is one in this world...

Monday, June 04, 2007

Job Security

Job security is something I think people rarely have...
You could be a CEO for a MNC and you could still lose your job in a minute.
You can be a rubbish collector and still lose your job in a minute.
Who can have job security then? I don't know myself but thats not the point
of this entry... this entry is to express my sadness towards job security.
Seriously... nobody can have job security as long as you're working for someone.
Even if you have your own business, you can go bankrupt!
Nothing is for sure in this world... the world is round

Well... my company recently announced that they are going to cut down 10%
of their total workforce all around the world. That approximately 8800 permanent
employees and 5300 contract workers.
How wonderful is that? You can imagine me standing up pointing fingers and
shouting, "mah c!b@!!!! h@m!k l@nc!@0!!!".
Well this is the cold hard truth in the business world...
Hmm... what can I do if I get retrenched?
Probably I'll get like 5 months pay for 3 years service there.
Thats not alot... cant even pay my cars full loan amount for that...
by the way I only own a Kancil.
So what the fark am I going to do?
Maybe its the right time for me buy a one way ticket to Australia and see
if I can manage to start a life there? Or maybe New Zealand? Or even
go over to the States to visit my cousin which I haven't met since form 3.
Well I'm opened for suggestions...
Sincerely Lost

*btw I'm not joking - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18968966/ - Read it urself

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dun worry too much la....can try selling "char koay teow" =) No CEO,No manager,No wat ever level..! Just "char" the "koay teow" and u can become rich too..!!haha...from: Ah Thong

TiBuN said...

I didn't know your company involved in back-dated option investigation :)
Don't worry lah, work is plenty around... worst mah stay at home watch ASTRO loh.

Alvino said...

thong: if i could char koay teow, i'd probably be opening a char koay teow shack in QB and selling it a ridiculous price of RM11.11 bucks!
Duck egg, chicken egg, birds egg, cicak egg and cockroach egg <- this one for keebs one, special punya bang!

Alvino said...

tibun: so this is called option investigation? dun really know coz its my first time. so whats the latest and in thing to do?